Homemade Cruffins Recipe
This Cruffins Recipe is a hybrid between a croissant and muffin treat that is perfect for brunch or any day of the week. Pair it with a hot cup of coffee or tea and you’ve got yourself a bakery-style delectable pastry.
The best thing about these Cruffins is that they’re easy to make and you don’t have to plan ahead except for buying a few ingredients.
This is why we’ve put this in our “shortcut goodies” section, where the beginner or novice baker can easily be inspired to make quick, fuss-free home baked goods. This recipe is also great if you don’t have a lot of time on your hands and want something fresh and hot out of the oven.
For this Cruffins Recipe, all you need is store bought crescent dough, melted butter, sugar, cinnamon and some good quality chocolate.
Then, you simply take out the dough, divide it in four and pinch to seal up the perforated center. Next, you put some chocolate on the edge and roll up, put in sugar coated pan and bake.
And voila! Perfect pastries.
(Makes 4 Cruffins)
- 1 can of store bought crescent roll dough
- 4 chocolate discs, or 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/4 sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 butter melted
- Preheat oven to 365˚
- Take dough out of can and separate into 4 squares
- Pinch perforated center to form a complete square sheet
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and mix
- Sprinkle each square with cinnamon sugar until coated
- Place a piece of chocolate or a about 1 tsp of chocolate chips on the edge
- Rolle up the dough and bend to bring edges together. Pinch to seal.
- Place in a buttered and cinnamon sugar coated muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes