Decadent Billionaire Cookie Recipe
These soft, chewy, rich and decadent Billionaire Cookies will be a sweet recipe family and friends will beg for.
I don’t know what can really say about these cookies. They are complete decadence. They’re so rich, I’ve called them Billionaire Cookies.
These billionaire cookies start off with a soft and chewy sugar dough cookie base and are pressed with caramel and chocolate.
They’re soft, tender, and sweet but not overly sweet. I make them into 12 large cookies so that the base of the cookie will fit the glorious real, milk chocolate wafers.
Once you’ve mastered the sugar cookie dough base, these billionaire cookies will appear and disappear in your kitchen quite frequently.
What I love about these Billionaire Cookies is that you can whip up something decadent without having to do all the work of making a layer cake, make frosting, decorate, etc.
You can make the Billionaire Cookie dough and use half. Or, if you prefer, you can make six decadent cookies and freeze the rest of the dough (without toppings) in balls for later use. That’s what I usually do when making these cookies.
So go ahead and be rich for a day. Try these Billionaire Cookies and let me know what you think!
Billionaire Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 Milk Chocolate Round Wafer
- 12 Caramel Candies
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking mat.
- Cream together butter and granulated sugar for a few minutes until fluffy. Add egg and mix until well-combined.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Unwrap 12 caramel candies and flatten them out with your thumb.
- For large cookies, scoop cookie dough by the 2 heaping tablespoon full and roll into a ball. Flatten
- in your hand and place one piece of caramel and one chocolate wafer on top.
- Gently press chocolate wafer so that the edges begin to slightly envelope it.
- Place 6 cookies onto baking sheet at a time, 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
- Allow to cool (chocolate and caramel will be piping hot out of the oven!) for at least 15 minutes.